Monday, April 15, 2013

Reality at it's best. ;-)

Ok. Before you go and blast me for not completing my BLOG through deployment. About mid November, early December - things became....shall we say colorful? Deployment encouraged and required a lot of change. So I decided to continue to write my blog but in private, for Trent. Hence, why there is no post's from then until now. Originally, I wanted to share this experience with you all and I'm sorry that I didn't finish.


HOWEVER - I'm in the process of writing a catch up post to bring you all up to speed - Until then - It's time to start re-blogging....

I will preface this with the following facts.

1.) Yes, Trent returned home from deployment safe and sound, as did his crew and the USS Albany.

2.) Stand down was very much needed and well taken advantage of....

3.) Yes, Trent is already back out at sea.... It was definitely not expected this soon, but the boat still has responsibilities this side of the pond as well, I guess.


Stand down was GREAT! We spent a lot of time doing nothing. Enjoying the simple things life has to offer. Simple afternoons on the porch, grocery shopping trips, movie watching, trips to Charleston, etc.... I can't even explain to you the feeling I get waking up to my husband every morning. Sounds simple, seems like a minute detail of life... but the sound of his snore, the smell of his freshly clean skin, his boots by the front door, his clothes on the floor and dirty dishes in the sink... falling asleep within minutes of watching tv, leaving the toilet seat up, just knowing that I can send a text or make a simple phone call is priceless these days, etc... Some of my happy moments around here lately. Now, I can't say that these will continue to make me happy in the long run, but... right now, I'll take it.








Him being gone again, doesn't make since to most people, for some it's hard to understand why they would take these men and send them out again after such a short time home with their families. I'm not so sure I understand but I do support my husband, his command, and the US Navy and their efforts to keep our country safe and sound.

Okay. Now that it's all off my chest! I miss my husband today! Now, granted I need the extra time to catch up on the laundry and get life around here back on schedule... (Stand down and a routine do NOT go in the same sentence) But all I truly need is a few days. It's always hard to say goodbye/see you later. And it never gets easier... never. no matter how long the separation. Like I always tell him, "It's never easy, but it's always worth it." And it is...


More updates later....

Mrs. Parrish

No comments:

Post a Comment